If you were expecting to follow a blog where a trainer shows you a flawless performance of speedy and efficient weight loss.....you came to the wrong place. On Saturday I weighed in at 164.6 lbs. On Monday I checked my weight and I was up 1 lb, and Tuesday up another .6 lbs for a total of 166.2 lbs. What happened? Unfortunately, I guess I am human. Since Saturday, I have stuck religiously to my diet, worked out for 45 min on Sunday, worked out twice (45 min each) on Monday, and 2 hours today. There is absolutely nothing that I have done that has been within my control that has justified a weight gain.
While I am disappointed, I am somewhat happy for the opportunity to share this experience with you. This is often that point where people get frustrated and throw in the towel. I am here to tell you, it is possible to do everything right and still not get the result you were expecting. What you have to understand is that you have to believe whole-heartedly in the process. If you know you are doing the right things, and that you did everything you could, that is all you can ask for. You may have a week or two where you do not get the success you are chasing, but that is no reason to quit. Keep going full steam ahead and I promise you, the numbers will match up in the end.
My theory for weight gain this week is hormonal fluctuations. It has been exactly one month since I delivered my baby girl. My body may be retaining water in an effort to establish a regular menstrual cycle again. Despite the reason, I do not plan on cheating on my diet or missing a workout for even a second!
Good luck to you and me this week!

Good luck to you to this week! It can be discouraging when you don't see the number you want on the scale but the best part is when you make the decision to keep going and not give up. Thanks for sharing this!
ReplyDeleteThanks Theresa. It is great to know that I have positive support out there.
ReplyDelete