Pages

Labels

Weight loss ticker

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Non-Scale Victories Linkup 1

button

Recently I ran across a blog featuring a Non Scale Victories Linkup. I was instantly intrigued and had to read her post. The author and organizer of this viral endeavor is Katie from www.ktjweighingin.com. Despite the fact that she is trying to lose weight, she still takes time to celebrate all her victories; not just the one's on the scale. As a personal trainer, I have helps hundreds of people lose weight. Often, the goals are geared toward the number you see on the scale. I wish my clients (and everyone for that matter), would follow Katie's lead and realize that it is a journey; you might as well enjoy it. Although reaching that 50 lb goal is great, what about the fact that you can do three pull ups and run a 5K. What about the benefits that you do not see in the gym such as better concentration and improved stress management. There is so much to celebrate in life. This is why I have choose to participate in the Non Scale Victories posts each Thursday.

This week my non-scale victory is successfully getting my brand new baby girl to breastfeed. Before I delivered I knew I wanted to breastfeed and was determined to do it. When the nurse told me that she HAD to give her a bottle because her blood sugar was too low I was very apprehensive  I had heard that once a baby takes a bottle that they are reluctant to nurse. To my dismay this was true. She was reluctant. However, I just kept on it until she forgot about the bottle completely. Now she breastfeeds all day long.

Yay me and yah my baby's immune system!


3 comments:

  1. Hi Cyndi! I'm glad you found Katie, she's awesome! I look forward to reading your posts and congrats on your baby girl!
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog! We found you through the KTJ Link up! Congrats on the little babe! We are your newest GFC followers. If you have a chance visit us at http://www.provocativemanners.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, congratulations on your baby girl!!!! Thank you so much for your comments about my blog and post, but while the linkup was my idea weight watchers actually does promote celebrating non-scale victories and I was inspired to make the linkup after reading a great book, in my opinion, called "Finally Thin" by Kim Bensen. Congrats again and thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete