Pages

Labels

Weight loss ticker

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Non-Scale Victories Linkup: 3

button

Each week I have decided to celebrate accomplishments that I have made in life that are unrelated to the number I see on the scale. This week I would like to celebrate the positive influence I can have on others. Yesterday I had coffee with a past client of mine who had only purchased and completed 10 sessions last summer. At the time that I met her, she was not very knowledgeable or interested in fitness. She was however, 40 lbs over weight and only 19 years old. By focusing on teaching her how to make fitness fun and personalized, she was able to begin loving fitness. While she only lost 10 lbs during our 10 sessions, the real success was that she felt empowered and inspired to continue on her own with the tools I gave her. I learned yesterday that she was not only able to lose all 40 lbs, but completed a marathon and is entering a fitness bikini contest! She is absolutely hooked to health and fitness and is even considering becoming a personal trainer. Some might argue that this post is loosely tied to the "number on the scale". However, for me I am recognizing that, I; alone, have the ability to influence and change peoples lives. To be frank, we all do. We just need to be contagiously positive with a "can do" attitude. Lets all spread empowerment.  

1 comment:

  1. That is great that your clients can walk away with that! Thanks for linking up and sharing!

    ReplyDelete